13 February 2008

Coolest teacher. Ever.

An actual conversation I had with my "english"* teacher:
Him: (I'm excited because) next week will be the funnest class.
Me: Ah, and next week is the week my sister wants me to ditch class.
Him: Why?
Me: Because there's a Demetri Martin show we want to go to.
Him: Who's that?
Me: A super funny commedian.
Him: Cool, I'll have to look him up. (pause) Well, you can reschedule your oral presentation for another week without any penalty. As you know, attendance isnt necessary in this class.
Me: Ah--come on! You're killing me here. I'm trying to be responsabile and not ditch class.
Him: Oh, but it's responsable ditching. You're responsibly selecting the class you miss.
Me: Hum...

Ya--Pretty amazing...So, I'm probably going to the show next week. :-) Also, if you are like my teacher and want to check out a litttle demetri--here is a video, and while it's pretty long, it's totally worth it at the end. My fav. jokes are near the end. I love the grapes (around 5 min), too. You can also check him out at Comedy Central.



*I say "english" because the class is my department's lame version of an english class mixed with a speach class, but they call it professional communication.

4 comments:

Christy said...

what an AWESOME teacher. you are one lucky girl.

Heather said...

haha--I know! I really do try so hard to be good and not ditch school, and then he tells me something like that! What's a girl to do?

Liz the Poet said...

I love Demetri Martin!! One of my faves.

Heather said...

I got tickets to see him!!! I'm so excited!