26 September 2008
And for those of you who are interested, I believe a group is going shooting (probably skeet) on 11 October, so just let me know, and I'll get you the information.
*The first paper was shared with a pro, so I'm not sure where I hit it...
**If I have a gun in my hand...but chances are I wont, so you are safe. Unless you are creepy, in which case you should always assume I am armed (even though I'm not).
PS-You can't really see it, but the gun is right below the target...you know, the black thing on the black tray...ya, I can understand why you didn't even notice it at first...If I was smart, I would have put them on the white paper so they'd stand out...but I didnt...
25 September 2008
And I think that's exactly why I wouldn't want to marry myself: Because I know my personality wouldn't really get along with itself. For example: I really only do what's expected of me. And I hate having to tell people what they need to do. So, I'd get really annoyed with myself for something I'm neglecting to do, but because I don't want to be a nag, instead of telling myself to do it, I'd just let the frustration brew up inside myself.
Also, I'm very good at pushing people away; I am not good at talking about important issues; I am more of a mirror than a painting; I never cook anymore; I don't really enjoy cleaning; I am against "working out"; I have no follow through; there is no creativity in me; I'd rather put money in a savings account than spend it (you may think this is a good thing, and sometimes it is, but sometimes you just want to buy something without feeling guilty); I'm incredibly naive/inexperienced/ignorant; I'm not good at sitting still--and that's just to list a few.
Would I marry me? No, I wouldn't. But I'm still hoping that some day someone else will! And the things that I can change, I'm trying. I've even gone to the gym recently!<--just to show how much effort and sacrifice I'm putting in to it!
22 September 2008
- I have a desk job
- And by "desk" I mean I sit at one all day
- But I don't really have a lot to do
- So I mostly just pretend to be busy.
- I totally blog stalk people
- And it's often people I don't know.
- I LOVE origami
- I'm not really good at it, but I do it anyway.
- The first thing I learned how to make was a ball
- My elementary school friend taught me
- At church.
- Then in 7th grade I learned how to make a samurai
- My English teacher taught the class when we were reading a book about a samurai
- ...I don't remember which one...
- Right now I'm working on a bouquet of flowers
- For my desk at work.
- It started while I was at school last week
- One of my teachers had an origami bouquet on her desk
- So I was trying to figure out how to make the flowers
- While she was lecturing.
- I have the attention span of a toddler.
- Ooh--What's that? ...
- ...Where was I?...
- Oh ya--Attention spans
- My memory is bad, too.
- I honestly think there's something wrong with me
- Sometimes I can't remember words
- On Sunday, I seriously spent 3 minutes trying to think of "Millennium"
- Last week I couldn't say "wet weather"
- I still have to think really hard to say it.
- And my spelling is worse.
- I love spell check.
- I can't wait till it moves past correcting the spelling, to knowing the intended word
- Like distinguishing between there/their/they're.
- My family has a board where we mark our height on our birthdays
- At the top it says "See how we've groan"
- I still don't know if that was intentional.
- I'm the shortest in my family
- They always called me the runt
- I haven't made a new line since I was 14.
- The highest mark on the board is my uncle Jon.
- I am really lazy
- If I could, I'd just sit around all day.
- I love the beach.
- It's probably because no one expects you to do anything there
- Thereby allowing me to be lazy.
- I ask a lot of questions
- "Are you still reading this?"
- I ask questions so I don't have to think.
- See, I told you I'm lazy.
- I love when I have a crush on someone
- It makes life more exciting and interesting
- But I don't really know what to do about it
- So I just do nothing--It's easier
- I'd probably forget about it soon anyway.
- I'm not very good at sitting around
- I'm sure you already know that
- It's why you never see me.
- It's a recent development
- But I don't know where it came from
- Because lazy people usually love doing nothing.
- There are very few people I sit down with.
- I usually only watch 1 or 2 TV shows a week
- (Not counting the GSN I watch with my grandma).
- I almost never watch TV with other people
- It goes back to my lack of ability to sit around
- There is only 1 person I've watched aimless TV with this month
- And I thought I was going to defenestrate myself.
- (That's one of my favorite words
- But I've never used it about myself
- And I'm not sure that's correct usage.)
- But I had no excuse to leave
- Except: "I hate TV and right now I hate you."
- And I don't really like to tell people I hate them
- So I stayed
- And took a nap.
- Nap time is the highlight of my day
- I wish I could take a nap everyday.
- Why'd they take that out of school?
- It makes me sad when I think about all the things kids are missing.
- What "expert" decided it was a good idea to get rid of recess?
- Why don't more parents teach their children respect/consideration?
- I don't have a bucket list
- If I did it would say: Do everything
- It would probably be underlined three times.
- I have lots of irrational fears
- Or maybe it's better classified as paranoia
- I don't usually tell people about it because I don't want them to be like me.
- When people ask, I say I'm afraid of failure
- (Which I really am!).
- My biggest regret is my lack of experience
- I missed out on too much in my life
- Which is why I'm so willing to do just about anything now
- Even hold a gun.
- I'm told this would be the perfect one for me.
- I don't want a gun in my house.
- Unless it's a marshmallow shooter
- I have 2 Marshmallow Shooters in my trunk
- Just in case I feel the sudden need to have a "gun" fight.
17 September 2008
Me (The girl who stepped in your gum. You know, the gum you spit out in the parking lot. Right between 2 parking spots. Pretty much exactly where someone would have to step when getting out of their car. My shoes and my car thank you.)
16 September 2008
10 September 2008
He may not look like much, but I'm pretty proud of my Panda!
It was a quiet day at work, so I made a panda out of printer paper...Obviously it should be done using origami paper that is black on one side, and white on the other, but oddly enough I don't keep that at my desk, so I just grabbed my trusty Sharpie!
In other news: I am quite proud of myself because I posted this via e-mail, so I hope it turns out.