23 August 2008

"I'm huntin' wrabbits."

Did you ever think you'd see me holding a gun? Me neither. But I went skeet shooting, and I actually hit something! I'm totally impressed! Some friends and I took a trip to Prado (the site of the 1984 Olympic shooting events). I am totally afraid of guns, but I'm trying to be brave, so I did it anyway. And the funny part is that I was fine while I was shooting because I was surrounded by professionals, and people were willing to figuratively hold my hand through the experience. But after I started feeling a little shaky. And as I was driving home, I kinda had a mini panic attack. I had to keep reminding myself to breath...kinda funny, I know. But it's one step at a time right? We're gonna go again, so let me know if you're interested!

*I was waiting for a friend to send me the pictures he took of me, but he's been busy (which I can totally understand), so I'm just gonna post this, and if I do get some pictures, I'll r-post it or link to it later, or something...

1 comment:

rachelsaysso said...

Given my stance on guns, I'm surprised that I actually do want to go skeet shooting. Strange. I think it's mostly because I want to yell, "PULL!"