08 October 2008

Word

I stumbled across this while roaming around the blog world (the funny thing is that I've actually met them! And I was looking at the pictures thinking "I've been there!"):
For attractive lips ,
speak words of kindness...
For lovely eyes ,
seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure ,
share your food
with the hungry.
For beautiful hair ,
let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise ,
walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone...

People, even more than things, have to be restored,
renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed;
never throw out anyone.

~Audrey Hepburn


Now, I didn't do any research to find out if she really said that or not, but I really like it! She is pretty much my hero. For a long time now I've noticed a lack in my life. I've felt "unattractive." Unattractive in the internal way. And I am a firm believer that inner beauty can shine outwardly. IE once you get to know someone, they get "cuter." Personality counts for a lot. And I don't think I ever thought about this, but Actions count for even more. I'm going to have to pay attention to this and see if I can improve myself through any of these methods.

No comments: