30 July 2008

Austen Heroine

Thanks to encouragement from buried in the book, I've officially started reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I'm a little nervous because I hear it's a hard read, and I'm very simple minded. I'm also a very slow reader, so over 300 pages of intelligent writing in only one month is intimidating...but at least I'm trying to be educated, right? That must count for something. Anyways, in honor of this great accomplishment,* I took this quiz and found out that:

I am Elinor Dashwood!

Take the Quiz here!

*Can I call reading the first page an accomplishment?

4 comments:

Liz the Poet said...

Yay! I'm glad you're reading it! I'm going to be posting reading questions, etc. at the beginning of August, so look for those.

And,yes, reading the first page counts. That's how it all begins!

Liz the Poet said...

Oh, and I took the quiz and I was Elizabeth Bennett.

rachelsaysso said...

I'm so happy you're reading the book. And I think you make a wonderful Elinor.

Carlinha said...

Hi there, Im glad that u liked my blog. How come you speak portugues...or at least write it?

Yeah I speak english, I've lived in Los Angeles about six mounth in 2004.

I'll read your blog when Im not in such a hurry.

But keep in touch, ok?

Abraço.