12 September 2010

I Made It Better

I love shopping for deals, and this is a dress I found for half off the clearance price at Torrid. (I love it when they do those sales!)

I'd decided it was a little shorter than I wanted, so I added a strip of white eyelet fabric to the bottom. You probably can't tell from the first picture, but the tying belt has eyelets too.

It wasn't too hard, just a straight line, really. But I also reinforced a few other places where the seams seemed to be coming out.


I am very proud of myself, because I even remembered to sew it facing the right way!

I'm not much of a seamstress, but I think this turned out very well! I have some fabric to make a few baby blankets* too, so I'll probably put up some picture of those, too...When I finally get around to doing them... The corners are super intimidating to me. If they were just for myself, I might be a little more forgiving, but since I don't have kids, the blankets would be for other people, and for that I'd expect near perfection from myself.



*I did make a tied felt blanket, but I forgot to post pictures...You can see a little of it on Laura Devlin's Facebook page.

No comments: