05 May 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo!


I don't know why, but I've always loved this holiday. Probably just because it is such a part of the culture where I life, but since it's not my culture I often get strange looks. A few years ago, my friend (also not of the Hispanic culture) and I took the metro into LA to spend 5 May wondering around the shops of Olvera Street. It really was one of my favorite days what with the bright colors, great food, fantastic deals and mariachi music. If you haven't been there yet, call me and we'll plan a trip. It's fantastic!

3 comments:

Mr. Hall said...

Hey, this has nothing to do with your cinco de mayo post. . . but I noticed you have placed a question about whether or not you should cave in to the pressure of some friend who wants you to see "I Am Legend". . . If you are going to watch a "scary" movie, I had better be invited! You always bail out of movies that aren't even scary!

Heather said...

HAHA--I know, I thought that poll would be a resounding "NO!!!" but it is kinda backfiring on me, isnt it?
...that still doesn't mean I will do it...

Jennette said...

I love Olvera Street!! They also have the larget burritos I have ever seen. I actually contemplated going there today. I was going to recommend going there with my classmates for lunch but we had all scattered before I could mention it. I took the train to main campus USC for commencement rehearsal today and thought I wasn't going to catch the next train home; so I thought about spending the next hour or so on Olvera Street. Unfortunately I had one of those "what's due today???" moments but I did barely catch the next train. I'm always up for another trip!